Products & Technologies
Blending Science with Sustainability
Categories of Products
XylePhage™A significant yet underreported blight is compromising the health and vitality of olive groves across Europe, putting a vital industry at risk. The European olive tree industry is confronting a serious challenge with the spread of the Xylella fastidiosa (Xf) pathogen, the cause behind Olive Quick Decline Syndrome (OQDS). The pathogen obstructs water and nutrient uptake in olive trees by colonizing their xylem vessels, leading to severe wilting, dieback, and eventual tree death. The disease is spread from one tree to another through xylem-feeding insects.
- Over 22 million olive trees have been infected.
- More than 6.7 million trees have already succumbed to the disease.
- The crisis equates to an approximate annual EU loss of $5.8 billion.
- The global olive market is expected to grow from $14.2 billion in 2023 to $18 billion by 2028, propelled by a notable shift in consumption patterns.
- Despite an upswing in harvested areas, the industry has faced a significant yield decline of 14.5% since 2017.
Revitalizing Europe’s Olive Groves with XylePhage™
Developed by Auxergen, XylePhage™ is a scientifically engineered biocontrol agent targeting the destructive Xf bacteria in the tree’s xylem – the vital water and nutrient transport channel.
Through its targeted action, it effectively eliminates the bacteria, thus preventing the blockage of nutrients and curbing the progression of the disease that has been devastating olive groves.
XylePhage™ offers several substantial benefits
- Environmental Safety: Green alternative to chemical pesticides, reducing potential environmental harm.
- Xf Specificity: It is formulated to target and eliminate the Xf bacteria exclusively, thereby not affecting other organisms in the ecosystem.
- Effective Treatment: Works proficiently on symptomatic and asymptomatic trees, making it a widespread solution.
- Easy Application: Simplifies the treatment process with its design that allows direct application to the tree’s xylem, making it easier to reach the bacteria.
- Cost Savings for Farmers: A one-time application that translates to notable financial savings for farmers in the long term.
- Can also be marketed for home use to counter Xylella / Xanthomonas disease.
- Distribution channel: country ag and feed stores.
Currently, Auxergen is conducting nursery trials with XylePhage™. The anticipated milestones are:
- Filing for EU regulatory approval in 2024.
- Projected availability to farmers by 2026.
Capitalizing on Olive Demand: A Solution for a Shrinking ResourceAuxergen is seeking investments to bring XylePhage™ to market, leveraging :
- A strong team of scientists and engineers with a history of developing and commercializing biocontrol agents.
- Established relationships with critical stakeholders in the scientific community and the olive oil industry.
- Estimated revenue generation of $293 million annually.
- Initiating negotiations with individual EU countries for a share of the $5.8B annual loss.
33% Income Tax CreditAs a Qualified Maryland Biotechnology Company (QMBC), investors have access to the Maryland Biotechnology Investment Incentive Tax Credit (BIITC). QMBC status enables investors to receive a 33% income tax credit on eligible investments, up to $250,000 per investor. An investment of $750,000 in Auxergen can yield a $250,000 tax credit from the State of Maryland. This opportunity is open to investors globally, as long as they are from a jurisdiction with a US-correspondent tax system. We are aiming to raise $11 million, capital designated to facilitate the commercialization of our XylePhage product. This promising product is positioned as a solution to the Olive Quick Decline Syndrome (OQDS), which is presently undermining European olive oil production on a large scale.
XanthaPhage Agricultural solution to combat plant diseases like rice blight, improving crop yields for countries which depend on rice-based diets
Citrus and Rice Under Siege: Climbing Costs and Dwindling Yields in Key Agricultural SectorsAgriculture’s critical sectors face tangible threats. Citrus trees, vital for Florida’s economy, suffer from citrus canker, reducing marketable produce and raising production costs. Rice, a staple food for billions globally, confronts bacterial blight, which can obliterate up to 75% of crops in severe conditions. As climate change looms, the threats intensify, potentially costing the US rice market an additional $112 million annually. The results? Unstable yields, disrupted markets, and elevated consumer prices.
- Declining Yields: Citrus canker and rice bacterial blight drastically cut marketable produce.
- Economic Ripple: Elevated production costs in the citrus sector and potential $112 million yearly loss in the US rice market.
- Consumer Impact: Diminished rice quality and quantity, leading to higher market prices.
Revolutionizing Crop Health: Direct Combat Against Citrus Canker and Rice BlightXanthaPhage™ offers an innovative agricultural solution designed to counteract the damaging effects of citrus canker and rice blight. This product aims to enhance crop health through targeted treatment, resulting in increased yields. By revitalizing these essential agricultural sectors, XanthaPhage™ not only ensures food security but also aids in stabilizing market prices and reducing production costs for farmers.
Capitalizing on Agricultural Innovation: XanthaPhage™ Licensing OpportunityLicensing XanthaPhage’s technology provides a gateway to two high-value agricultural sectors: citrus and rice. With a scalable solution that addresses pressing disease challenges, investors can capitalize on a pivotal role in safeguarding global food supply. XanthaPhage ensures access to a continually growing market, positioning for substantial returns and long-growth from the ongoing demand for effective agricultural solutions.
Urban Gardens at Risk: Tackling the Hidden Hazard of Soil ContaminationUrban and suburban gardens are increasingly plagued by heavy metal contamination and toxic organic compounds. This soil pollution jeopardizes the safety of homegrown produce and poses risks to local ecosystems and residents’ health. The consequences of this contamination are diverse and pressing:
- Economic Concerns: Soil contamination accounts for global economic losses, with heavy metal issues alone surpassing US $10 billion annually.
- Residential Health: Toxins from homegrown crops enter households, increasing health risks for families.
- Local Ecosystem Impact: Native plants and small wildlife suffer in these tainted garden environments, leading to reduced biodiversity.
- Home Gardening Setback: Contaminated soil deters homeowners from gardening, impacting the quality and yield of their produce.
MarlePhage™: Turning Polluted Soils into Safe, Productive Grounds
MarlePhage™ is a soil reclamation product developed for both home and commercial applications. It contains a specialized concentration of phages and bacteria formulated to dissolve VOCs and PFAS chemicals. Additionally, its unique composition enables it to sequester heavy metals, effectively returning contaminated soils to a safe and productive state.
- Dilute at a ratio of 100ml per gallon and apply to the soil.
- For comprehensive treatment, aerate and inject the solution between depths of 6 inches and 3 feet. Utilize one gallon for every 16m^3 of soil.
MarlePhage™ offers a pragmatic approach to addressing soil contamination, aligning with the increasing demand for sustainable and effective environmental solutions.
Capitalizing on Consumer Sales & Licensing OpportunitiesThe need for effective soil reclamation technologies grows as urbanization and industrial activities surge. MarlePhage, as a consumer-focused soil reclamation technology, steps in to address this marketplace need. Licensing Potential: Beyond direct consumer sales, there’s an opportunity to license the MarlePhage technology to garden product companies, creating an additional revenue stream.
Beyond the Clean You See: Surface Disinfectant LimitationsThe need for effective disinfectants has never been more apparent in the post-pandemic world. While the disinfectant market continues to expand rapidly, with projections reaching USD 15.3 billion by 2032, a significant gap exists in products tailored specifically for a broad spectrum of solid surfaces, including fabrics. Common disinfectants might not provide optimal protection on varied surfaces or could damage sensitive materials.
- Growing Demand: With the global antiseptic and disinfectant market valued at USD 29.15 billion in 2022, the demand is undeniable.
- Specialized Need: Not all disinfectants are designed for diverse surface applications, leaving consumers underserved.
- Material Concern: Some surfaces, especially fabrics, risk damage or reduced efficacy with generic disinfectants.
Every Surface. Every Fabric. Every Toy.While an array of disinfectants is available, few are safe for total surface application. KanaNase can be a wet or dry bio-antiviral ingredient. It stands out by offering an effective bio-disinfectant specifically designed for a vast range of solid surfaces, including fabrics. Application Protocol: Commercial:
- For wet or dry application during shift changeover on aircraft, trains, and rideshare vehicles.
- Picture a small 100ml bottle to be mixed with 2 gallons of water.
- As a spray: For personal decontamination of common work areas, to carry in your briefcase or purse (2 sizes: 100ml / 8oz).
- As a lip balm with proven antiviral properties, which creates a barrier layer, to minimize the possibility of viral infection from casual interaction.
- As an ingredient in cosmetics.
Tap into a $29B Market with KanaNase: The Next-Gen Bio-DisinfectantWith a market valuation of over USD 29.15 billion in 2022 and poised for robust growth, the antiseptic and disinfectant industry is one of the hottest sectors for investment. KanaNase is a uniquely positioned bio-disinfectant engineered to bridge the gap that existing products overlook. As consumer demand leans towards specialized, multifunctional solutions, KanaNase presents an avenue for lucrative returns, tapping into both the industry’s growth and the nuanced needs of today’s consumers.
Scientific Tools: The Missing Link in Cannabis InnovationThe lack of scientific tools to accurately analyze and verify the efficacy and bioactivity of cannabis products poses a significant barrier to innovation and sustained growth. This deficiency stifles innovation and undermines the ability to establish trust and reliability with consumers and investors.
- Product inconsistency and inefficiency, hindering refinement processes.
- Inability to competitively differentiate offerings in a fast-growing market.
- Limitation in developing personalized solutions aligning with market trends.
- Obstructed path in building trust and reliability with consumers and investors.
Overcoming the Barrier to Innovation in the Cannabis IndustryAuxergen’s Cannabinoid Biokinetic Activity assay tool provides a scientific method to analyze the efficacy and bioactivity of products. Utilizing this technology, we can:
- Accurately measure and analyze the uptake speed and efficiency of individual cannabinoids.
- Certify bioactivity and product performance based on concrete data.
- Facilitate personalized medicine approaches by understanding how different formulations affect various parts of the endocannabinoid system.
- Certify the “entourage effect.”
- Offer the first biological analysis tool of its kind available today, offering time and resource savings compared to traditional animal models in drug discovery.